Either way, I'm bummed that such a great weekend flew by so I've decided to spend this morning just thinking about some of great things that have happened lately. Its a great habit to always start the week of with good thoughts. Even if you stuck in a dead-end job, are broke cause you just paid rent, or if you can just tell you're going to have a bad morning/day/week/month – starting the week with a positive attitude can only help your situation.
So here is the first installment of my "beginning-of-the-week 'Good Thoughts'" posts:
I Donated to a Great Cause!
I have had long hair for a very very long time. The shortest I've ever gone in the past 10 years has probably been a few inches below my shoulder and I have always been terrified to get a short hair cut. Even when I would cut my hair below my shoulder, I never liked the outcome. But since my hair was getting way too long and I had run out of ideas on what to do with it, chopping it off seemed like the next step to take!
So the night before DC's big snow day, I made my way to Miracles Salon in Rosslyn and had my stylist chop 9.5 inches of hair to donate to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths Campaign. Even though it was pretty terrifying, I'm kinda in love with it! I would definitely encourage other women to do the same if they're looking for a big change (i'm talking to you TSwift).
Here's an excerpt from their Website to give you the low-down on how the Beautiful Lengths campaign works:
Beautiful Lengths is a partnership between Pantene® and the American Cancer Society®, the largest nonprofit health organization committed to saving lives from every cancer and improving the quality of life for people facing the disease. The role of Pantene is to help women grow long, strong*, beautiful hair and provide the funds to turn this hair into free, real-hair wigs for women with cancer. So far, Pantene has donated 24,000 free real-hair wigs to the American Cancer Society’s wig banks, which distribute wigs to cancer patients across the country.
You can also click here for donation requirements!
My "LDR" is finally coming to an end!
Okay, by no means am I in an actual "Long Distance Relationship (LDR)," but my boyfriend does live about 1.5 hours away from me (see the map above, DC -> Lexington Park, which can range from a hour and 15 minutes to a 2 hour drive). Obviously, its not that big of an issue but its far enough that we'll usually only spend weekends together. The fact that he had been searching for a DC job for more than 8 months though made things a lot bearable.
So, he had been waiting for an answer from a government job for weeks on end (he probably interviewed over a month ago) and as per usual, when I met up with him this weekend I asked whether he heard back. He very non-chalantly let me know that he didn't, but he "had a good feeling." I actually responded that he shouldn't get his hopes up (not that I didn't believe in him, I just didn't want him to be upset if he didn't get it).
Little did I know, he found out earlier that he got the job and was waiting to surprise me at Valentine's Day dinner! TALK ABOUT A GREAT VALENTINE"S DAY PRESENT! I may have yelled in surprised a little in the restaurant and even refused to believe him (he had to show me a text from his mom congratulating him as evidence that he wasn't lying). But the wonderful news means: more time spent together and less money spent on gas. Works for me!
We're getting a kitten!
Yes yes yes. After talking about it for months and months, my roommate finally decided it was time to take the steps to welcome the cutest little ginger cat to our lives. She went to an adoption event yesterday, put in an application, and we got word the next day that little Bam Bam would be all ours! I am SO excited to cuddling with this little bundle of joy all day long. And stay tuned, we'll also be hosting a "Cat Shower" just for fun! I'm already looking the cute kitty decorations and fun themed food... If this makes us sound like the ultimate Cat Ladies, then so be it!
So there are my three positive thoughts for this week. Again, everyone should try to think of at least three great things (big or small) in their life at the beginning of each week. Not only does it allow you to count your blessings, but it means you get to start the week on the right foot and in a positive direction!
Let me know what your positive thoughts are this week in the comments or for my fellow bloggers, take the challenge to blog about three good thoughts at the beginning of the week!




No comments:
Post a Comment