Wednesday, November 13, 2013

HELP THE HOMELAND

My gigantic family in the Phillipines (circa 1994) and little ol' me front an center (i'm the littlest one!)

As many of you have probably read or heard about, a large portion of the Philippines has been hit by Typhoon Haiyan leaving thousands dead and nearly all of its path in ruins.

While I was born here in America, both my parents immigrated here from the Philippines in the early 80's. A huge portion of my childhood, as I remember, was flying back to the Philippines to visit relatives and my parents' hometowns. Luckily, where we are from is north of where Haiyan hit so my family and my family's homes were not affected.

To those who were affected, immediate action is needed and very little help is making it to the places in need. I'd like to take the time to please consider donating any dollar amount to help provide relief.  One US dollar is equivalent to 43 Philippine Pesos. So each dollar goes a very long way!

Donate at the American Red Cross or the Philippine Red Cross and God bless your heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment