Saturday, January 18, 2014

2014 BUCKET LIST

If my New Year's resolution was to update my blog more often, I would clearly be failing! Fortunately, I don't really do New Year's Resolutions, just New Year's "Bucket Lists" (see below!) so there's no failure over here!

I know, I owe you a blog post...or ten. I've had a few sitting in my drafts folder waiting on a few photo edits, but between spending time with my family, working tons of shifts at my night job, and trying to get together my New Year affairs (hello doctor's appointments, New Year organization/cleaning, etc. etc.) in order, I've taken a back-burner to my blog life. But I'm back and looking forward to a year of great posts and growing my site!

So as I mentioned, I don't really do New Year's Resolutions. While I do have some bad habits I'd like to break, would want to get a bit more fit at the gym, and save a ton of money, I feel like those are always ideas that sound absolutely boring and I never keep up with. So instead, I like to take the beginning of the year to think about the fun I had and how to top it. I also like to think about new experiences that I would love to try and that would hopefully better myself as a person. So with that in mind:

Travel within the United States. With finances and lack of vacation days (gotta love post-grad life), I've come to embrace the joys of traveling within the United States. Yes, I would totally love to cruise the Mediterranean or see family in Australia but there's a ton of amazing places I have yet to see that are more affordable right where I am! My top choices this year: Austin TX, San Diego CA, and Las Vegas (Again! For Britney Spears!) NV, and Savannah GA.

I'd love to one day have gone through this list of "Best Road Trips in the United States" via Akademi Fantasia

 - Start taking Dance Classes at H Streets Joy of Motion. I've heard so many great things about the studio and I keep saying I need a way to get some exercise during the week. Since I danced way back in the day, I think it would be a perfect way to kinda have a "go to the gym" resolution.

Joy of Motion features Drop In Classes for only $17. Image via Ewilfong.


 - Cross off additional Restaurants off Washingtonian's Best of List. Last year when I started the list, I was able to get down a solid amount: RIS, Rasika, Birch and Barley, BlackSalt, Graffiato and Toki Underground. I still have a long way to go and I'm sure the list will grow with 2014's upcoming list, but I just crossed off Bombay Club the other night for Winter Restaurant Week so I think I'm on a good path!

Click the Image Above to See my Progress!


- Start going to Trivia weekly. I used to always work Tuesday Trivia night at a bar back in college and we would constantly have regulars. After recently participating in Trivia the other week, my gal pals and I decided we should try to be regulars for trivia. Not only is it a fun time during the weekdays, but I'll be building up brain strength if I ever decide to try Jeopardy one day (unlikely)!

We're thinking of doing H Street's Red Rocks Trivia Night! Any other suggestions?

- Go to more concerts/live music events (aka country mostly). Two years ago, right out of college my friends and I bought the Ticketmaster Country Mega Ticket which basically gave us access to all of the country concerts for the summer (It was about 2 per month). It was awesome. Not that I want to go back to a waitressing-only, cowboy chasing, crazy lifestyle but it was a wild and free summer spent out in the sun, drinking beers in parking lots, and not worrying about my Monday morning Inbox.  If I can go back to that just a bit, whether it be going to one or two concerts or checking out some summer music festivals, then I'd be mucho happy!


The 2014 Country Mega Ticket features 7 amazing country shows starting at $189.99


- Entertain More. Ever since my roommates and I moved into our new townhouse, we've loved having friends over for food, drinks, and fun. While we have entertained mostly for holidays, I'd love to have more guests over just for a Sunday dinner or just some creative cocktails!

A snapshot at our New Year Eve's celebration. More pictures to come next week!

Those are my top "to do's" for this year, but my list of course could go on and on. One thing is for sure, I will definitely try my best to update my online presence more from my blog, twitter, instagram, etc. I am really looking forward to a great year, new opportunities, and a ton of fun!

So if you have any New Year's Resolutions or just a New Year's Bucket List, good luck on keeping to them! And even though its a little late, I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment