... saw the GRAVEDIGGER kick ass at DC's Monster Jam!
Now guess what I'm doing tonight!
| image via the Washington Post |
Guess what I'm doing tomorrow?
![]() |
| image via Above and Beyond |
What do all of these things have in common? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! The other night while uploading some recent pictures to Facebook and looking at the rest of my docket for this month, I realized something (and found the perfect quote to describe it):
Sometimes when I look at my messy apartment or that I haven't had a single free day in months or that I am way behind on watching all of my TV shows, I have an urge to really want to slow down and get down-in-the-dumps that I don't have much free time on my hands. But then I realize that the reason I don't ever have much free time is that I'm too busy taking advantage of everything and anything that is available to me even if it means little sleep or jam packed weekends. I could be seeing Monster Trucks one night and the Ballet the next because my interests are never in one place - my interests are in experiencing everything and anything. After all, I was never one who could just sit still.
While I'm not traveling the world or living as an expat somewhere (though I wish I was), I still think I can take advantage of the world around me and still think my life is amazing right where I am working my 9-5 job and living in a permanent. Who knows how long I will be in DC for or if when I will ever come back after leaving... so I've realized I can't waste a single second here!
Maybe there are some greater adventures out there, but my life is by no means boring and I'm glad that I'm able to keep it that way. My advice to anyone out there whether you've just graduated or not is to go out there and experience everything you can. The weeks will fly, the mornings will be tiring, and your bank account may be empty - but the stories will be great.
Of course, I do enjoy a nice relaxing day just sitting on my couch every now and then, but even then its usually just to plan my next great experience!




No comments:
Post a Comment