Monday, August 19, 2013

DC DINING BUCKET LIST

Today marks the start of DC's summer Restaurant Week! Hosted by RAMW, DC Restaurant week is a week where hundreds of DMV restaurants offer pre-fixe menus for both lunch ($20) and dinner ($35). Its great because it allows dinners to experience some of the best DC dining for an affordable price.

Every year, I try to make at least one reservation (this year I've made my reservation at RIS) at a restaurant I haven't tried yet. This year I also decided I would start trying to cross off all the restaurants on The Washingtonian's "Best Restaurants" List.  Eating out is probably one of my favorite ways to spend time, especially in a city with such a great dining scene. So while I have a very long ways to go, here's to finishing the list by the time I move away from DC (and who knows when that will be):

List via The Washingtonian (2013 version)


The Top 10:
1. The Inn at Little Washington   /   2. Komi   /   3. CityZen   /   4. Fiola   /   5. Marcel's
6. Adour   /   7. Little Serow   /   8. Blue Duck Tavern /   9. Zaytinya   /   10. Proof


Everyone Else:
Central Michel Richard
RIS
The Majestic
Ripple
Bistro Bis
Makoto
The Source
Raskia/Rasika West End
Sushi Sono
Unum
Black Market Bistro
Plume
Birch and Barley
Fiola
Vermilion
2 Amys
Lyon Hall
Jaleo
Ray's to the Third
Volt
DGS Delicatessen
Rice Paper
Estadio
Bourbon Steak
Mio
Trummer's on Main
L'Auberge Provencale
Menomale
BlackSalt
Brasserie Beck

Black's Bar and Kitchen
Eola
Tosca
Montmarte
Brabo by Robert Wiedmaier
Cafe du Parc
The Atlas Room
Mintwood Place
Seasonal Pantry
701
Jackie's
Pearl Dive Oyster Palace
Cashion's Eat Place
Izakaya Seki
Passage to India
Et Voila
Johnny's Half Shell
Nava Thai
Rogue 24
Indique/Indique Heights
Vin 909 Wineccafe
Cava Mezze
Obelisk
Vidalia
1789
Passsion Fish
Weekend Bistro
Pabu
Liberty Tavern
Cork

Willow L'Auberge Chez Francois/Jacques' Brasserie
The Bombay Club
Toki Underground
Ethiopic
Sushi Taro
Maple Ave Restaurant
Restaurant Eve
Bibiana
Woodberry Kitchen
Bistro Provence
Boqueria
The Ashby Inn & Resturaunt
J&G Steakhouse
Sushiko
Kaz Sushi Bistro
Graffiato
La Limena
Ruan Thai
Ray's the Steaks/Ray's the Classics
8407 Kitchen Bar
Al Dente
Sichuan Jin River
Ardeo & Bardeo
Nostos
Bartlett Pear Inn
DC Coast
Charlie Palmer Steak
Palena/Palena Cafe
Green Pig Bistro
Corduroy


I'll be keeping a link posted to this list on my sidebar so hopefully you'll be seeing some progress throughout the years. Cheers to happy dining!

No comments:

Post a Comment