Friday, August 23, 2013

FRIDAY FEATURES: SEVENLY.ORG, THE INNOVATION OF LONELINESS, AND 25 THINGS

Happy happy Friday! I've decided since I love Fridays (who doesn't?) I'll dedicate my Friday posts to things I'm currently loving/obsessing over/want/just want to share.

Today's features include Sevenly.org, The Innovation of Loneliness, and a list of 25 Things



1. Sevenly - Sevenly.org is a thoughtful and innovative start-up with a mission of "leading a generation toward generosity." Sevenly sells a variety of awareness products (clothing/accessories/prints). With each purchase, $7 is donated to their weekly cause (this week is for Autism Awareness).

Wonder if they're actually making a different? Well the website also showcases live totals including the amount of money fundraised and the number of social media hits.

In 2012 alone, they raised more than one million dollars in charitable donations. Hot damn!

Here are some of the items that I plan on purchasing ASAP:

1. Love Courageously Print, $24. 2. Life is Beautiful Tank, $28. 3. Maritime Bracelet, $50



2. The Innovation of Loneliness - My cousin posted this video found on Elite Daily with the title "This Video Will Have You Completely Rethink How You Conduct Yourself Online And In Person" on Facebook (a bit ironic, eh?).


While I think that at this point, myself and most of the people around me know how to balance a social life and social media - there are times when I think it has become too much. Don't get me wrong, the people in my life know how much I love my Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest/Instagram and now blog, but it is always nice to step away and take a break.

And in all honesty, I think one of my favorite things to do in life is just sit down with someone and have a face-to-face conversation.



3. 25 Things I Want Myself to Know at 25 - Stumbled upon this great list from a friend's Facebook. With less than a year and a half until I'm twenty five (whoa, THATS weird to think about), I'll definitely have this list book marked to look back on. Its cute, simple, and very heartwarming. Its a nice reminder that maybe growing up isn't all that bad.

My favorite point of the 25? Its number 20: "Even though you really want a dog, wait. You can barely take care of a fish." Story. Of. My. Life. (though I do think I could get a cat... or maybe a bunny)




Well those are my three things for today. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment